Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Broadmoor Hotel Printing Press

Did you know that the Broadmoor Hotel had it's own printing press. They printed their own menus, brochures, books etc well after 1992.

There was a big joke around the hotel when the Tutts were running it, that they were printing their own money.

So, if you are into antique collecting, here's how you can tell if it's real:

Anything that says it is after 1939 and says the late Spencer Penrose, that's a fake and remake by the Tutt family and the Broadmoor Hotel printing press.

Anything that says it is after 1959 and says the late Spencer Penrose, that's real.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Did they print their own postcards too? I have one and I'll have to look on the back to see.

I assume what you are saying is that your father died in 1959?

Good for you for bringing this to the attention of collectors!

Looking to the Stars said...

Yes, they did do some postcards but I do not know how many or what pictures. And yes again, that's when my dad died.
Thanks, I try to get the truth out :)