Thursday, May 21, 2009

Inside This Author's Mind

This is an old oil painting picture of me, I was in my early thirties.
Taking a quick break from my manuscript. had to do some research on
my dad's old friend Charles MacNeill, it took awhile and mentally wore
me out because it was very hard to find out about him. I'll share about him in another post.

Have a few new ideas for a fiction book, I love writing fiction because it
comes out of my head and I don't have to research that much. I got an email from my publisher. They are doing a new thing where you make a
video about your book and they put it on YouTube. Not my cup of tea.

I was thinking earlier, i am a creative person and I love writing because
I am not in the public eye. I don't do book signings and I don't write to be in the top ten. I write because I want to share my stories, if one person enjoys what I have written then I am happy and my goal is complete.

I am a simple person that enjoys what she has been given. In my earlier days I tried runway modeling (what a bust that was), was in 3 differant singing groups and tried acting. None of it was done to become famous, I just had a creative drive in me that wanted to try and find something I felt comfortable with. I found it in writing, for me its like walking around in my favorite pair of shoes, very comfortable.

So, those are my thoughts today, hope everyone is having a good week. I sure have enjoyed reading your posts.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I love this portrait of you! There is something here that reminds me of a young Shirley McClaine; did anyone ever tell you that you looked like her?

You're so lucky that fiction pops into your head. Doesn't happen for me, or not so far anyway!

I don't like the YouTube idea either. Sounds like the publisher's attempt at not having to pay you. :)

Looking to the Stars said...

Lydia, thank you. What a sweetie you are. No, no one has ever said I looked like Shirley but a lot of people said I looked like Mary Steenburgen (I think it was the way my hair was done)but thank you that is a wonderful compliment.
Oh, I know the YouTube idea sounds sooo wierd doesn't it.
I would never have thought that fiction doesn't happen for you. You are sooo creative, I love all your posts :)
Thanks for all your kind words!