Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day

Yesterday was Veteran's Day and here in Colorado Springs we honored those who have served, are serving and who have fallen.


Colorado Springs is home to Fort Carson, the Army and Peterson Base, the Air Force. The Broadmoor served food to the military but my favorite is The Retired Enlisted Association. Few people know that at Peterson (it used to be Norad in the mountain but they moved to Peterson) we have the Royal Canadian Air Force (they have changed thier name to Canadian Forces Air Command) here in Colorado Springs.


The Retired Enlisted Association gives tribute and is attended by The Royal Canadian Air Force and U.S. Air Force to honor Veteran's Day.


It is a reminder that many have served around the world and that we are all in it together. It was our day to say thanks to those living and give a moment of silence to those who have fallen.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

My gosh - it has been a long time since I was home to see what the changes are. I didn't know that NORAD was no longer based in Cheyenne Mountain but enfolded in Peterson Field. What a surprise. Thanks for the information. I guess the end of the Cold War made it no longer necessary to be inside a mountain.

Looking to the Stars said...

Kay, your welcome :)

Darlene, yeah they moved NORAD but they are still using the mountain for something. I have not been able to get a clear answer or picture of what is going on.

My first thought was they moved area 51 into the mountain. My husband thought that was funny :)
Other then that thought, I have no idea what is going on there and I don't think we will find out for 30 to 50 years.

Beth Niquette said...

Amen and Amen, dear one.

Years ago, we visited my sister in Colorado Springs, when her husband was on base there..beautiful area.

Looking to the Stars said...

Beth, every time I go outside and look at the mountains, it takes my breath away. It has broken my heart how much building has occured. But, that happens :)