We took Sunday and Monday off because the six million dollar project that we have been working (really my husband was working) on was submitted on Saturday. It took six days a week, working 10 to 12 hours a day for 3 months. It was nice to be done because we didn't know if we would make the deadline which was March 16th. We breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed for two days.
So, this morning, the plan was to mark ups for another job and I was going to do more on my store, paperwork for the business and bills. That's not what happened.
We have two, 6 month old, mini doxies, both males. Archimedes is black and tan while Galileo is chocolate. Two months ago Archimedes swallowed a rock and had to have surgery to have it removed, it was very expensive. This morning, I looked out the window into the back yard to make sure "the boys" were okay while they played (we have a fox in the neighborhood and our dogs would be a yummy snack, so I check on them a lot when they are outside).
So I see Galileo rubbing at his face in a frantic manner and trying to cough up something. So, I freak, thinking he has swallowed a rock. When I get to him, he is choking, my husband and I put the dogs in the car and drive to the nearest vet emergency clinic (our vet is 30 minutes away).
We rush into Banfield pet hospital and I'm crying saying my dog is choking.
They take him right away, the Banfield clinic is great they help us emotionally and tell us everything will be ok. When the vet comes out 5 minutes later, she tells us Galileo has a stick stuck in the back of his mouth. He has to have surgery.
Three hours later, he is back home with a very sore mouth. I have to keep him off dry food and crunchie treats for three days (for this dog these two things are his life).
So, I will be off my blog for a few days. I have left posts on some of your blogs but my computer started acting up and wouldn't take posts on the others. So, please note I have tried and am not ignoring any of you.
Everyone take care!