Saturday, March 27, 2010

Meet Hairy Plotter


Picture courtesy of NPS Photo, story from Colorado Springs Gazette
This story was so cute I had to share it:
Missing: One Otter
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo was searching Friday for a North American river otter that escaped the day before and is thought to be in the Broadmoor area of Colorado Springs.
On Thursday morning, zoo staff discovered that a failed crimp in the otter exhibit's mesh covering gave all four of the facility's otters an opportunity to flee. Two were discovered in minutes at the grizzly pool, above the otter's exhibit. A third was recovered within the zoo's second containment fence within the hour. But, the fourth breached the fence and was seen late Thursday afternoon in the Broadmoor.
People who spot the otter or evidence that it is nearby, such as the remains of fish or otter tracks, are asked not to approach it but call the zoo manager.
I hope they find the little guy, what the paper did not say is that we have foxes and coyotes here and a little otter would be a nice snack. I hope he pulls out his wand and makes his way back home to the zoo :)
Have a good one

5 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

He's a cutie!!!

kenju said...

He's a cutie. I love otters, so I hope he finds his way home.

Looking to the Stars said...

Kay, yes he is :)

Judy, I hope he does too. As of Sunday night, he has not been found. They thought he might go to the Broadmoor Hotel and golf course because of the water but he wasn't there. I think he might have gone to Quail Lake not far from the Broadmoor hotel. They have fish in that lake. The zoo has asked the community to help. We will have to wait and see.

Darlene said...

Keep us posted on the fate of the little critter. They are so cute and I hope the ending is a good one.

Looking to the Stars said...

Darlene, I will and I hope the ending is a good one too :)