Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pikes Peak Public Library Pictures

Every few months I go to the Pikes
Peak Public Library photos because
they have tons of pictures with wrong dates and names
Now they say they just put down what is written on the photo. So, I guess I can take a photo of my husband and myself, put on the back
Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle with the
date 1776 and thats what they will
print. Do you see where I'm going with this? So, I am going to be printing quite a few pictures and telling the truth about them because the idiots at the library can't.
I've chosen these two as the start. The first picture is: Standing in the car is Jack Dempsey's LITTLE BROTHER, beside him is his little girl. He is shaking hands with C.L. Tutt and the other man next to him on the ground is my dad. The library lists this as Jack Dempsey, C.L. Tutt is listed as unknown but they got my dad right.
The second picture is:left to right, unknown, my Uncle Francis, Jack Dempsey, Mary Marvin (my uncles nurse) and unknown. The library lists this as unknown, my dad, Jack Dempsey, unknown, unknown.
Jack Dempsey was a friend of my father's, in fact my dad tried to start a hotel in Mexico which Jack was going to run. The Mexician government ran Jack and my dad out of the country. I don't know if the hotel is still standing today but it would've been a good one. Jack's little brother was a fighter also. He moved to L.A. when the mob was in contol of it and got hooked on drugs, he died from an overdose. Jack took it very hard.
So, this is the first of many pictures :)

No comments: